What's After Yule?

                           

What's after Yule?




Quote: If it's your calling, it will keep calling until you listen.  -Unknown


Shizentai  自然体: Japanese for remaining true to oneself without putting on airs or forcing unnatural behaviors.

A Christmas Carol


When I think of Yule or Christmas I usually think of A Christmas Carol.  That story really touches my little witchy heart, and makes me feel like Scrooge all over again.  I always reflect that I should be more generous and less worried about saving money or spending it pointlessly.  Of course, I know I should save it too, but I want to think about helping others more in the coming new year, 2025.

Mass   


My sister is a nun, and she always tells us how sad it is that people always stop celebrating Christmas before it's actually over.  Apparently, Christmas goes halfway into January.  It's interesting to me that I have a sister who is a sister when I am a pagan.  I find I still hold onto my Catholic up-bringing and enjoy going to mass once in a while.  As a Sociology Major I feel that mass is a celebration of life and therefore no big deal for me to go to.  It's not a sin to enjoy the wonderful music and singing, reflection and connectivity. 

Now that the rush of Christmas is over, I feel like I can put more thought into Yule, and how I could have celebrated.  Maybe I can do more next year if I take time now to research my newfound religion and get to know it more thoroughly.  I always enjoy watching YouTube videos of other more established witches, who teach me things that I did not know before.


Depression


During this time of year the weather affects my mood, but I enjoy it more than most people. I love the cold, biting wind.  The clouds reflect my dark mood, and make it a relief to be inside, even if I'm at work.  During summer I often resent the clear blue skies, and the lovely weather.  I do not like the beach or the pool usually, and instead choose to hide indoors more than most people.  I have become more appreciative of the summer sun, now that I'm a pagan, though.  I find ways to celebrate the summer solstice and the power of the sun and the God, Pan.  


Spring


With spring comes Imbolc and I must mentally prepare for the year to begin again. It's a little depressing for me in that I wish I could stay in Halloween- spooky season- and Yule season, all year.  I wonder if you feel that way, too?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The emerging witch

The Garden of Good and Evil

Studying the science of art and the art of science